experience and background
Britt is a speaker, teacher, and therapist working with adults and children out of her office on Shawnee Mission Parkway in Mission, KS.
She's also an award-winning adjunct professor at the University of Kansas. Britt has worked as a primary therapist at a nationally renowned, Arizona based drug and alcohol treatment center for both inpatient and and intensive outpatient services. She has assisted at Somatic Experiencing trainings, and is currently enrolled in Level 1 NARM training (Neuro Affective Relational Model) and Level 1 IFS training (Internal Family Systems).
Britt is a featured speaker for the Caregivers on the Homefront annual restorative weekend intensive. The mission of Caregivers on the Homefront Inc. is to provide caregivers of our nation's veterans and first responders with hopefulness, a sense of togetherness, and a firm foundation of resiliency.
FIND OUT: What's on Britt's Bookshelf
Each client at The Greenhouse KC gets a custom tailored treatment plan. There is no "one-size-fits-all," cookie cutter approach.
Britt possesses an extensive list of tools in her toolbox to help clients:
Cognitive based (CBT and REBT)
Experiential (where clients engage with some sort of activity instead of just "talking" about their challenge)
Empty Chair (Gestalt)
Inner child work
Addiction recovery (including both the 12 step and the harm reduction models)
Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Top down techniques (starting with logic and talking and moving into the body)
Bottom up techniques (starting with the body and moving up to the logic/rational part of the brain)
Systems theorists look at clients not as isolated individuals, but as part of a complex whole. Read more about Systems Theory here.
Click here to view a list of conditions Britt most commonly works with in her practice.
"You're not broken. Nothing is wrong with you."
"Many hear the word 'therapy' and they think they will have to re-tell all their stories. Cutting edge research confirms it's just not true. The nervous system is the key, and I can help you re-set it and feel better..." (read more)
"You're a rock-star parent!"
"I'm not here to tell you how to parent. Your problem is a language barrier and I am a kid interpreter. Together, we will co-create a plan to help your child feel better..." (read more)
Looking for an expert voice in mental health and healing? Britt's favorite topics to speak and teach on include:
- "Why do I pick the same partner over and over and over?"
- "Getting "unstuck" and taking charge of your life"
- "Understanding and Overcoming Anxiety"
- "Healing Relationship Ruptures and Building Bridges”
- "Understanding Traumatic Grief/Loss"
- "Using Play Therapy and Trauma Sensitive Discipline in the Classroom"
- "Interpreting the Language of Play"
- "Sex, Love, Relational Addiction Recovery"
- "Why Mental Health is Good for Your Bottom Line" (Business Consulting/Mediation)
- "Understanding and Coping with Shame"
- "Interpersonal Communication and Navigating Conflict"
- "Bridging the Mental Health and the Spiritual Worlds" (for churches, temples, faith based groups, etc.)
Click here to learn more about booking Britt to speak at your next event/class/workshop!